Botox is an incredibly prevalent cosmetic injectable used to treat fine lines and wrinkles. While the majority of Botox patients are women, it is also commonly performed on men. In fact, there has been over a 400% increase in Botox treatments on male patients since 2000. In the United States alone, there were nearly half a million Botox procedures performed on men in 2019.
How long does Botox last in men?
Although men typically have bigger muscles and therefore may require more Botox, the duration of the effects lasts just as long as they do for women, approximately around three to six months.
How many units of Botox does a man need?
Botox treatments for men and women are very similar. As men typically have stronger facial muscles, more units may be required to treat the same area. On average, the units needed to treat each area are:
Between the Eyes — 20 units are typically needed to treat the glabella or frown lines. Normally, this consists of 5 injection sites, however many patients only require 12 units there or 3 injection sites. Everyone is different and until you are see by a professional injectionist, there is no way to know.
Around the Eyes — 12-24 units total are usually needed to treat this area. This typically consists of 12 units per eye which consists of 3 injection sites with 4 units each site. Botox administered around the eyes is the second most requested area and can make you look years younger!
Forehead Lines — 8-20 units are normally injected for forehead lines. The horizontal lines in this area are usually injected in conjunction with the glabella lines.
The right amount of Botox varies for every person and each treatment is customized for each individual. A wide number of factors influence the amount of Botox you will need to achieve your desired results, including the areas you would like to treat, your gender, the natural strength of your facial muscles, and the amount of product used.
What are the Pros and Cons of Botox for Men?
There are many benefits to using Botox and only a few drawbacks. The pros and cons of Botox for men include:
- Non-Surgical Solution for Wrinkles and Fine Lines — Botox greatly reduces the appearance of aging.
- Noticeably Enhances Your Appearance — Botox provides you with a rejuvenated, youthful appearance.
- Boosts Self-Esteem — A cosmetic procedure will make you feel more confident.
- Helps Manage Adult Acne — Botox can help reduce oil production to prevent breakouts.
- Potential Side Effects — Although rare, side effects include redness and swelling, pain and bruising.
- Cost — Although Botox is much more affordable than a facelift, it can still be an investment to provide the results you desire.
- Not Instantaneous — Full results from Botox are usually seen within a week.
- Stigma — Although the stigma that surrounds Botox has significantly lessened over the past several years, it is still alive and well today.
If you or someone you know is looking to enhance their natural appearance, come to Rejuvenate MD today! Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in performing Botox treatments and can help you achieve your desired look! For more information on how Botox can help men, call our office and get in touch with a member of our specialist team. To book an appointment with our experienced injectionist, visit our website or speak with us over the phone today.