Skin Care Treatments
Skin Care Treatments For Summer: Laser Treatments?…Chemical Peels?…Microdermabrasion?
There are many recommendations out there about the skin care regimen for summer- we’re going to focus on ones that truly work. Just as every person is unique, so are their skin’s needs, so there is no one-size-fits-all treatment. At Rejuvenate MD, our estheticians can determine the most effective treatment based on your individual skin type, whether you are acne prone, aging, sensitive or just have dull, lackluster skin.
We’re well into summer and the sun is taking a toll on our skin. To help diminish the damage, here are the top 5 summer treatments for you.
1. Microdermabrasion – This is a great choice for summer because it is a physical exfoliant, not chemical. Therefore, it’s not going to make you sensitive to the sun like a chemical peel would.
2. Facial- Who doesn’t want a facial? This is one of the best exfoliating and soothing treatments for the skin. Depending on the skin type, we can customize the right facial for your specific needs. It may also be the only 60 minutes where you don’t worry about anything and all we worry about is you.
3. Dermaplane- This treatment is a physical exfoliation that uses a “blade” – similar to a scalpel – that scrapes off the dead skin cells on the surface as well as the soft fuzzy hair on the face. It’s great for those with dry or aging skin.
4. Botox – Tired of your ‘11s’ that can’t be avoided from squinting in the sun? We can minimize those wrinkles by reducing the motion of the muscles in your face to help you lose years and gain your youthful skin back!
5. Skin care- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! The most important thing above any treatment is daily sun protection in your skincare routine. Preventing sun damage is the first step in fighting the signs of aging. Along with sunscreen, you should be using a gentle daily cleanser, an effective non-drying toner and exfoliant used at night as well as a moisturizer. Choose medical-grade skin care products that are proven to get results and concentrated with effective ingredients than your everyday drugstore products. We recommend SkinCeuticals and Neocutis as the best skincare lines to help your skin look radiant and young!
These are all great treatments that we recommend for this time of the year with the expectation that when summer ends, there will be a new era of skin care treatments. Once fall weather rolls around, laser treatments, here we come!